Event Type: CLE / CPD, Seminar
- Location Name:
- Reed Smith LLP, 599 Lexington Avenue 22nd floor, New York NY 10022
- Start Date/Time:
- 30 March 2016, 3:00 PM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 30 March 2016, 5:30 PM EDT
BEPS Solutions & Risk Management
Action 13 of the BEPS (“Base Erosion and Profit Shifting”) Project initiated by OECD substantially increases business risks of multinational corporations (“MNCs”). In particular, the Country-by-Country (“CbC”) reporting introduces new global tax risks on compliance, audit, and double taxation.
Reed Smith and TTI will present the current state of global BEPS initiatives and share concrete solutions to address each of these risks. If you are concerned about the business risks from BEPS Country-by-Country reporting, you should participate in the discussion.
A part of the BEPS Solutions Conference, we will discuss:
- The impact of new rules on international tax structuring
- On February 26 UK HMRC issued final rules requiring large UK MNCs and certain subsidiaries of large MNCs to file annual CbC reports effective for years after December 31, 2015. According to the HMRC, “It is intended that the information reported by MNEs will be shared with other relevant tax jurisdictions so that they too can identify when MNEs have engaged in certain forms of base erosion or profit shifting activity.” Over 80 countries are participating in CbC reporting already.
- How to mitigate BEPS risks from CbC reporting
- Compliance risks
- Per country audits
- Cross-country double taxation
- Industry Panel – What are companies doing now to mitigate the CbC reporting risks?
Visit Tax Technologies for more information.