Event Type: Seminar
Last year, more than 150 industry leaders gathered in Boston to increase the prominence of women in the life sciences legal community through substantive legal discussion, professional development and woman-to-woman networking. This year’s program, sponsored in-part by Reed Smith, features an unprecedented lineup of women leaders throughout the life sciences community gathering to further empower women in this.
Featuring high-level discussions of the key legal developments for pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies, this conference will help reinforce the representation of women in leadership roles by forming new connections amongst women leaders as well as providing a forum for candid discussion of gender stereotypes and other implicit obstacles to advancement. All presentations, a mixture of both professional development and substantive legal topics, will be tailored to help women take their career to the next level.
On Thursday, July 28, 2016, Reed Smith Partner and Co-Chair of the firm’s Life Sciences Health Industry Group, Melissa Geist will discuss a rundown on the most pressing developments affecting the future of life sciences companies on a panel entitled, “Substantive Updates Part One: What Women Leaders in Life Sciences Law Must Know About Products Liability, Mass Torts, and ‘“Bet-the-Company”’ Litigation.” The following day, on July 29, Reed Smith Partner Gail Daubert will discuss pricing and reimbursement issues, clinical trials and recent changes to key approval pathways during a panel presentation, “Substantive Updates Part Four: Key Regulatory and Pricing Developments Affecting How Life Sciences Companies Bring Products to Market.”
Highlights of this year’s event will include:
- Hear leadership strategies from over 30 General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, Chief Compliance Officers, Senior Counsel, VPs, and more
- Gain insights from a panel of women in government including representatives from the USDOJ and the federal bench regarding life sciences specific enforcement and litigation
- Walk away with enhanced communication, negotiation, and storytelling skills featuring advice from noted law coaches
- Form new connections with other women leaders through networking opportunities including introductory icebreakers, breakout sessions, luncheons, and multiple cocktail parties
- Engage in candid discussion with your peers and formulate practical and tangible solutions to overcome implicit obstacles to advancement
- Stay on the competitive edge through four new substantive CLE sessions on the biggest legal challenges facing life sciences companies including products liability litigation, IP, enforcement, and regulatory updates