Event Type: CLE / CPD, Seminar
- Location Name:
- PLI New York Center, 1177 Avenue of the Americas (2nd floor), New York NY 10036
- Start Date/Time:
- 12 July 2016, 9:00 AM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 12 July 2016, 5:00 PM EDT
- The Trademark Application Process – Searching, Clearance, Preparing Applications
- International Searching and Filing Tips
- Trademark Infringement Primer and Exercise – Video Simulation
- Alternatives to Trademark Litigation
Why You Should Attend
The proliferation of online consumer transactions continues to open new possibilities to impact trademark law. Whether on an online auction service or an established company’s website, trademark infringement is occurring on a global scale and attorneys practicing or looking to practice in the arena must be ever vigilant when enforcing their client’s trademark. Our annual fundamentals program on this dynamic area of intellectual property law will take attendees through a complete survey of the basic tenets underpinning trademark law, including likelihood of confusion and dilution. As the day progresses, attendees will learn the trademark searching and filing process and how to enforce trademarks in a variety of forums, including litigation. A lively discussion on trademark law hot topics and cases will conclude the program, placing the full day’s lesson in a modern context.
What You Will Learn
- Bedrock principles of trademark law, including unfair competition, likelihood of confusion and dilution
- Practical trademark application tips, including searches, clearing marks and dealing with examiners and preparing an application
- Trademark infringement actions, strategies, remedies and litigation alternatives – Interactive Video Simulation: TTAB or Federal Court?
- Anti-piracy efforts and strategies for combating sales of counterfeit goods
Who Should Attend
Attorneys new to trademark law seeking a complete review of the practice should find this program helpful. Seasoned trademark practitioners should find our update on recent issues and cases affecting trademark protection practical and timely.
Join Reed Smith's Clark Lackert for his panel entitled "International Searching and Filing Strategies." Topics will include:
- Seeking protection in different jurisdictions
- CTM and Madrid Protocol— alternatives to national filings
- Working with foreign counsel to clear marks
- Strategies for in-house counsel – What marks should be registered?
For more information or to register, download the PDF below or visit pli.edu.