Event Type: CLE / CPD
UT's 15th Annual Gas and Power Institute features timely topics relevant to the gas and power industry in light of the changing landscape of rules, regulation, legislation, and environmental requirements. It, offers essential information on the latest industry and market climate and provides a must-have set of materials and resources.
2016 Institute highlights:
- Craig R. Enochs, Reed Smith LLP, explores issues attorneys should be aware of when negotiating contracts with governmental entities and the ethical issues that can arise when doing so.
- Chris Reeder, Husch Blackwell LLP, Austin, TX, provides Texas Case Law and Regulatory Updates that significantly affect the Texas gas and power industries.
- Hear a Federal Energy Policy update with James Hoecker, Hausch Blackwell LLP.
- Nicolas Borda, Haynes and Boone, LLP, Mexico City, provides a primer on the Mexican Energy Market and leads a panel of Mexican energy experts on Opportunities and Challenges of Implementing Gas and Power Projects in Mexico.
- Learn how new market dynamics are creating opportunities and challenges for both buyers and sellers as Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) continues toward commoditization.
- An overview of the state of global cybersecurity, power industry cybersecurity, and what your company and legal teams can do to help.
- Rebecca Rentz, Winstead PC, provides an update on methane regulations and air quality developments, including how 2016 ozone levels to date may impact EPA’s final ozone nonattainment designations.
- Hear a brief CFTC regulatory update, and peek into the future as we contemplate the potential impacts of this year’s presidential election, with Phil Lookadoo, Haynes and Boone, LLP.
- Gain insight into how bankruptcy is impacting the gas and power industry with A Bankruptcy Primer for Creditors and Contract Counterparties in the Gas and Power Industry and a panel presentation Bankruptcy In the Gas and Power Industry
- Enjoy earning two hours of ethics credit with our two unique and entertaining ethics presentations.
- Interact and network with program faculty and attendees during Thursday evening’s reception.
The Institute is presented with the Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and The Energy Bar Association.