Employee use and abuse of social media has created a host of challenges for employers. With just a few keystrokes, an employee can release confidential information and trade secrets, subject a coworker to a hostile work environment, or create a public-relations nightmare for his or her employer. In this webinar, attorneys from Reed Smith's Labor & Employment Group will address practical steps for employers in managing the risks of social media, as well as ways to use social media to your advantage in litigation.
Event Type: Webinar, CLE / CPD
- Start Date/Time:
- 19 July 2017, 12:00 PM PDT
- End Date/Time:
- 19 July 2017, 1:00 PM PDT
- The NLRB's decisions on social media use
- Determining whether an employee's social media activity is legally protected
- Tips for drafting enforceable electronic-use policies
- Use of social media in employment decisions
- Social media and your litigation strategy
Speakers: Tiffany Renee Thomas, Partner, Reed Smith San Francisco and Julia Y. Trankiem, Partner, Reed Smith Los Angeles.
For any questions, please contact the Events Team at email@example.com.
This program is presumptively approved for 1.0 general CLE credit in California, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Texas. For lawyers licensed in New York, this course is eligible for 1.0 credit under New York's Approved Jurisdiction Policy. The program is also pending approval for 1.0 HRCI credit.