Protecting your company with the proper lines of insurance is critical for top management. Carrying the correct lines of insurance goes far beyond purchasing the basic property policy for damage by fire. If a business faces interruption of its services for any reason, this could spell disaster — not just in resolving the initial problem, but potentially the business may have to close for a period of time, or may find that its reputation or brand has been severely damaged. Ensuring that you have the proper insurance lines of coverage in place, and that you have the needed recovery should there be a problem, are extremely important. When a disaster happens you need to file a claim and have strategies to follow to be sure that your claim is quickly processed so you can recover and get back to business as soon as possible.
Event Type: Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 9 November 2017, 11:00 AM ET
- End Date/Time:
- 9 November 2017, 12:00 PM ET
- Event Materials:
- Reserve your Webinar Seat Now
To help companies understand the do’s and don’ts in obtaining, monitoring and implementing the correct lines of insurance, top insurance recovery attorneys Michael Sampson and George Stewart of law firm Reed Smith LLP will discuss:
- The lines of insurance that every company, regardless of size, should consider, in light of both legal requirements as well as practical considerations; key points to understand when purchasing insurance
- When growing companies should begin to consider adding different lines of insurance, such as directors and officers liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, business interruption insurance, and others
- The newest and most popular type of insurance policies for protecting intellectual property. Examples include customer data breaches and the resulting damage to a company’s brand and reputation, protecting trade secrets, recovery if a company’s website is hacked. The speakers will review the legal strategies in using this type of insurance.
- When you have a disaster — the key points in filing a claim; the strategies to get your problem resolved quickly
- Guidance in handling disputes with insurance companies
- Best practices your company should consider when deciding which types of insurance to purchase to protect your company and its employees