Event Type: Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 30 May 2018, 1:00 PM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 30 May 2018, 2:15 PM EDT
- Event Materials:
- Please click here to listen to a recording of the webinar.
Session 1: Proportionality in Employment Litigation Following the 2015 Rule Amendments
The scope of discovery was revised in the 2015 amendments to Rule 26(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure to include an increased focus on proportionality. In addition, the 2015 amendments revised the requirements for propounding, responding to, and objecting to discovery, thereby creating additional proportionality pressures and concerns. In this practical webinar, you will learn how to apply these amended discovery rules to define the appropriate scope of discovery and resolve discovery disputes in employment litigation.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Propose more effective discovery requests under the amended rules
- Analyze whether discovery requests are proportional to the needs of your case
- Consider relevancy and proportionality under the amended rules
- Address proportionality factors