Cyber incidents represent the top business risk in the United States according to the 2018 Allianz Risk Barometer. This last year has seen a proliferation of rapidly evolving cyber risks impacting businesses regardless of size, industry, or location.
Event Type: CLE / CPD
- Location Name:
- Reed Smith LLP, Pittsburgh PA
- Start Date/Time:
- 3 May 2018, 4:00 PM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 3 May 2018, 6:00 PM EDT
- Event Materials:
- Please click here to register for the event.
This CLE examines the emerging cyber threats faced by businesses including:
- Ransomware attacks threatening to release – or destroy – user data;
- Bots hijacking computer networks to mine cryptocurrency causing business interruption losses;
- Attacks on the Internet of Things – including power plants, ships, and cars – causing bodily injury or property damage; and
- Data breaches exposing directors and officers to investor and shareholder suits.
The program will then explore insurance and risk transfer strategies businesses can utilize to protect themselves against these twenty-first century threats.