This program is the second in a series regarding the future of the coal industry. Recent coal company bankruptcy cases mostly reorganize the company's capital structure or sell assets through a bankruptcy plan. What is the worst case coal company bankruptcy scenario and why should energy policy makers work to avoid such scenarios?
Event Type: CLE / CPD, Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 18 April 2019, 12:00 PM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 18 April 2019, 1:00 PM EDT
- Event Materials:
- Register for 2019-2020 Coal Industry Outlook: Part II
Topics will include:
- Recap of Part I
- Bankruptcy Reorganization vs. Liquidation.
- Rejection or modification of employee and retiree benefit agreements
- Environmental issues including reclamation bond assignment or forfeiture.
- Why energy policy makers should consider the impact of coal company liquidations.