"The Employment Relationship Life Cycle in California” CLE webinar series covers key issues related to hiring, retaining and terminating employees in California, which has laws and regulations that are often broader than their federal counterparts, presenting myriad challenges for companies around the world with operations in the state.
Join us for Part 2 in this series: A primer on employers’ obligations regarding the interactive process and reasonable accommodations under California law.
Event Type: Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 22 May 2019, 11:00 AM PDT
- End Date/Time:
- 22 May 2019, 12:00 PM PDT
- Event Materials:
- Register for A primer on employers' obligations
The second part of this series will cover the following topics:
- Identifying when an employer is obligated to engage a disabled employee in the interactive process
- Exploring the line between reasonable and unreasonable accommodation requests
- Handling challenging accommodation requests
- Best practices to make sure you are compliant
The third and fourth installments will be scheduled in Fall 2019:
- Part 3: Wage and hour practices that California employers need to get right
- Part 4: How to handle terminations of California employees to avoid lawsuits
Each program is presumptively approved for 1.0 general CLE credit in California, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Texas, and West Virginia. For lawyers licensed in New York, this course is eligible for 1.0 credit under New York’s Approved Jurisdiction Policy. Please allow four weeks after the program to receive a certificate of attendance. Each program is also pending approval for 1.0 HRCI credit hour.