UT Law CLE’s 32nd Annual Technology Law Conference brings together a nationally-recognized faculty of technology and licensing practitioners; in-house counsel from leading tech companies; and experts in open source, data privacy/security, and emerging technology for the latest issues affecting the industry.
Event Type: Seminar, CLE / CPD
- Location Name:
- Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin TX 78701
- Start Date/Time:
- 23 May 2019
- End Date/Time:
- 24 May 2019
- Event Materials:
- 32nd Annual Technology Law Conference registration link
This year’s program features:
- Smart Cities: Privacy in the Public Sector, and the applicable legal and regulatory issues associated with “Smart Cities” initiatives especially with regard to privacy and cybersecurity.
- A look at Copyright, Interfaces, and Implications of Oracle v. Google.
- Advanced licensing strategies and updates; plus discussion on the latest developments in software licensing and monetization of open source software development.
- A review of California and Other Privacy Law Developments in the Wake of GDPR.
- The growing role of data analytics in traditional employment decision-making and the legal risk associated.
- The latest updates in trade secret law including increased protection concerns in light of Epic v. Tata.
- 3.50 hours of Ethics, including presentations on Evolving Ethics in the Application of AI and Ethics on the Edge: Disruptive Technology and Compliance.
- Multiple opportunities for networking, including the Thursday Evening Reception for all attendees.