This CLE webinar will cover California’s new independent contractor classification statute, Assembly Bill 5, and the court decisions enshrined by that statute. This newly-enacted law is a matter of great concern for all California businesses that use or are considering using independent contractors, and is a significant source of California employment litigation. We will discuss the broad implications of the statute and its application to various industries, as well as legal approaches that will help companies achieve their business goals while reducing legal risk and uncertainty.
Event Type: Webinar, CLE / CPD
- Start Date/Time:
- 30 October 2019, 11:00 AM PDT
- End Date/Time:
- 30 October 2019, 12:00 PM PDT
- Registration Link:
- California’s AB 5 independent contractor law: What now?
We will cover the following topics:
- Implications of AB 5’s codification of the Dynamex “ABC test”
- Analyzing company/worker relationships under the AB 5 standard
- Workers in traditionally contractor-based industries
- “Gig economy” workers