Reed Smith’s general counsel, Tom Allen, will discuss a number of current legal ethics issues that are of relevance to in-house counsel.
Event Type: CLE / CPD
- Location Name:
- Reed Smith's Pittsburgh office, 225 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15222
- Start Date/Time:
- 23 January 2020, 4:00 PM ET
- End Date/Time:
- 23 January 2020, 5:00 PM ET
- Event Materials:
- CLE: Professional ethics issues for in-house counsel
- Ethics issues that commonly arise in internal corporate investigations, particularly the need to clarify that your client is the corporation.
- The ethical risks presented by multiple representation, that is, representation of both the corporation and individual corporate employees.
- A recent decision of the Supreme Court of Washington holding that the Rules of Professional Conduct may apply differently to in-house counsel and outside counsel.
- The recent examination of client-generated Outside Counsel Guidelines by the D.C. Bar’s Rules of Professional Conduct Review Committee, which has raised a concern as to “whether in certain respects [Outside Counsel Guidelines] may overreach and unduly restrict the public’s access to legal representation and the professional independence of lawyers, or may conflict with the Rules [of Professional Conduct].”
- Recent ethics opinions addressing the use of documents inadvertently produced by an adversary.