The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) continues to present serious risk for companies in almost every industry. Recent blockbuster verdicts have put vicarious liability back in the spotlight. And while class actions are filed daily, courts (and the FCC) have been surprisingly slow to fill the vacuum left in the wake of the D.C. Circuit’s decision in ACA International. Now, as much as ever, it is critical that businesses understand and review their practices with respect to text messages, auto-dialers, pre-recorded messages, and fax machines.
Event Type: Webinar, CLE / CPD
- Start Date/Time:
- 26 February 2020, 12:00 PM ET
- End Date/Time:
- 26 February 2020, 1:00 PM ET
- Registration Link:
- TCPA trends and hot topics
Please join Reed Smith for a CLE webinar for a discussion on the latest legal developments and regulatory and compliance risks, including:
- The current TCPA regulatory regime and recent developments
- Vicarious liability – on the hook for a vendor’s TCPA violations?
- The new definition(s) of ATDS following ACA International
- The factors and considerations for determining whether a violation is “willful or knowing” under the statute
- Best practices for compliance and avoiding litigation