A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
Early Registration Discount Deadline, Friday, January 15, 2021
Reed Smith partner Kelley Miller is pleased to announce that she will be speaking in an upcoming Strafford live webinar, "Basis Issues for Trusts and Estates: Form 8971, Removing Assets From Trusts, Upstream Gifting, Substantiating Basis" scheduled for Wednesday, February 10, 1:00pm-2:50pm EST.
Event Type: Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 10 February 2021, 1:00 PM ET
- End Date/Time:
- 10 February 2021, 2:50 PM ET
Our panel will discuss common basis issues encountered by trust and estate advisers, including planning for volatile markets and the flux of estate taxation rules. Our veteran estate advisers will explain how to structure adaptable trusts, remove appreciated assets from trusts, determine and substantiate tax basis, and other basis conundrums commonly encountered by estate and trust advisers.
We will cover these and other critical issues:
- Under what circumstances should taxpayers consider moving assets out of a trust?
- What methods are available for removing assets from a trust?
- How is Form 8971 used to establish basis?
- What are best practices for substantiating basis when records do not exist?
- How can trusts be structured and utilized to allow for flexibility considering the flex of estate tax rules?
After our presentations, we will engage in a live question and answer session with participants so we can answer your questions about these important issues directly.
For more information or to register, please click the registration link.
Or call 1-800-926-7926
Ask for Basis Issues for Trusts and Estates on 2/10/2021
Mention code: ZDFCA
Kelley Miller, Partner, Reed Smith
Griffin Bridgers, Attorney, Hutchins & Associates