You are invited to our annual CLE series being held from January 18, 2023 to January 25, 2023. This series is hosted by Reed Smith’s California offices and will include educational sessions that will focus on timely topics of interest to in-house counsel and senior executives.
Event Type: CLE / CPD, Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 24 January 2023, 10:00 AM PT
- End Date/Time:
- 24 January 2023, 11:00 AM PT
- Event Materials:
- 2023 California CLE Series
The profile of the metaverse is growing rapidly, posing unique issues for IP owners. As it continues to grow and evolve, and as the lines between the real world and the virtual world continue to blur, brand owners need to enforce their trademarks not only in the real world but also in this augmented reality. Please join us for a discussion that will explore the cutting-edge issues surrounding trademarks in this virtual landscape. We will discuss the opportunities and challenges these new rights present for the owners of trademarks in the metaverse.
Topics to be covered include:
- What is the metaverse, and how does it affect your company’s trademarks?
- What products and services should have trademarks in the metaverse?
- How can you enforce your trademarks in the metaverse, and how can you prove infringement?
- What should brand owners be aware of today and in the future?