Two Reed Smith lawyers ranked in Tier 1: transportation litigation partner Alex Andrews won a Tier 1 listing for Shipping: International Firms, South Korea, while energy and natural resource partner Kohe Hasan secured a Tier 1 posting for General Business Law, Cambodia.
It is worth noting that 10 of the individual rankings were for work in Singapore. Also, transportation litigation partner Simon Spells and entertainment-media partner Bryan Tan were recognized for two Chambers categories. Entering the Asia-Pacific listing for the first time was Askar Zhansagimov for Corporate & Finance, Kazakhstan.
These 13 lawyers (with their recognized practice category and region) were listed in the Chambers guide.
- Alex Andrews, Shipping: International Firms, South Korea
- Charmian Aw, Technology, Media, Telecoms (TMT): Domestic, Singapore
- Gautam Bhattacharyya, Dispute Resolution (International Firms), India
- Calvin Chan, Corporate Investigations/Anti-Corruption: International, Singapore
- Timothy Cooke, Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Singapore
- Peter Glover, Shipping: International: Litigation, Singapore
- Matthew Gorman, Corporate/M&A: International, Singapore
- Kohe Hasan, General Business Law, Cambodia
- Hui Ling Teo, Aviation: Finance, Singapore
- Simon Spells, Aviation: Finance, Asia-Pacific Region and Aviation: Finance, Singapore
- Bryan Tan, Startups & Emerging Companies, Singapore and Technology, Media, Telecoms (TMT): Domestic, Singapore
- Bernard Yee (Resource Law), Shipping: Domestic Litigation, Singapore
- Askar Zhansagimov, Corporate & Finance, Kazakhstan
Reed Smith earned listings in 19 practice categories, listed below by region, then practice area. Eleven of these were repeat rankings for the firms. It earned new rankings in four categories, covering litigation, finance, general business and startups. Here is the full list of practices.
- Arbitration (International) (New ranking)
- Aviation: Finance (New ranking)
- Banking & Finance
- Shipping: Finance
- Shipping: Litigation
- General Business Law Foreign Expertise based abroad in Singapore (New ranking)
- Banking & Finance (International Firms) Foreign Expertise Based Abroad in UK
- Dispute Resolution (International Firms) Foreign Expertise Based Abroad in UK
- Corporate & Finance (International Firms) Foreign Expertise Based Abroad in Singapore
- Aviation: Finance
- Corporate Investigations/Anti-Corruption: International
- Corporate/M&A: International: Highly Regarded
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration: The Elite
- Shipping: Domestic
- Shipping: International: Litigation
- Startups & Emerging Companies (New ranking)
- Technology, Media, Telecoms (TMT): International
- Shipping: International Firms
About Reed Smith
Reed Smith is a dynamic international law firm dedicated to helping clients move their businesses forward. With an inclusive culture and innovative mindset, we deliver smarter, more creative legal services that drive better outcomes for our clients. Our deep industry knowledge, long-standing relationships and collaborative structure make us the go-to partner for complex disputes, transactions, and regulatory matters.
In Singapore, we are in a Formal Law Alliance with Resource Law LLC, with whom we share our offices.
For more information, please visit www.reedsmith.com.