Reed Smith is a winner in seven categories at the 2023 Professional Excellence Awards, in results to be announced by The Legal Intelligencer.
The awards, also known as the Pennsylvania Legal Awards, “honor those lawyers who have left an indelible mark on the legal community in Pennsylvania and beyond through their unwavering dedication to the profession.”
Reed Smith and its people were named winners in the following categories:
- ESG Impact: Reed Smith was named a top firm for its cutting-edge environmental, social and governance (ESG) work.
- Distinguished Leaders: Robert Nicholas, a leading trial attorney and partner in the Global Commercial Disputes Group, was named a Distinguished Leader.
- Law Firm Innovators of the Year: Partner David Cohen, who chairs the Records & E-Discovery Group, was named a Law Firm Innovator of the Year.
- Most Effective Dealmakers: Matt Mohn, vice-chair of the Business & Finance Department and a partner in the Global Corporate Group, was named one of the Most Effective Dealmakers of 2023.
- Best Law Firm Mentors: Partner Michelle Mantine, who leads the firm’s global Antitrust and Competition team, was named a Best Law Firm Mentor.
- Lawyers on the Fast Track: Alex Mahfood, counsel in the Global Commercial Disputes Group, was named one of this year’s Lawyers on the Fast Track.
- Unsung Heroes: Samantha Chugh, a manager in the staff attorney group in the firm’s Global Solutions office in Pittsburgh, was named an Unsung Hero.
Winners will be recognized at an awards dinner set for June 14, 2023, at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel.