Information according to Section 5 of the German Act for Telecommunications Media Services (Telemediengesetz) and Section 2 of the German Regulation on Service Information Requirements (DL-InfoV):
Reed Smith LLP is a limited liability partnership under the laws of the State of Delaware Company Register Partnership No. OC 303620).
Reed Smith LLP
225 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
T: +1 412 288 3131
F: +1 412 288 3063
Global Managing Partner: Alexander Y. Thomas
Authorized representatives in Germany and responsible for the editorial content according to Interstate Broadcasting and Telemedia Agreement:
in equal parts:
Office Managing Partner Munich:
Office Managing Partner Frankfurt am Main:
VAT Identification Number according to Section 27a of the German Value Added Tax Act (Umsatzsteuergesetz): DE 814400756.
Unless otherwise stated, all attorneys in Reed Smith's German offices are admitted within the Federal Republic of Germany to practice as attorneys (Rechtsanwalt) and are members of the bar association (Rechtsanwaltskammer) competent for their respective offices:
Attorneys who are also acting as notaries (Notare) are admitted within the Federal Republic of Germany to practice as notaries and are members of the Chamber of Notaries (Notarkammer) competent for their respective office:
Notarkammer Frankfurt am Main
Bockenheimer Anlage 36
60322 Frankfurt am Main
All attorneys who are also acing as tax advisers are admitted within the Federal Republic of Germany to practice as tax advisers and are members of the bar association competent for their respective office:
Nederlinger Str. 9
All Solicitors under English law are admitted to practice as such in England and Wales. They are members of the Law Society of England and Wales. The address can be found at: www.lawsociety.org.uk under section „Get in Touch“.
Attorneys at Law (New York):
All Attorneys at law (New York) are admitted to practice as such in the state of New York. They are members of the New York Bar: www.nycourts.gov/attorneys/.
Occupational Law Provisions
The following provisions on occupational law apply:
- German Federal Lawyers' Act (BRAO)
- Professional Code of Conduct for Attorneys (BORA)
- German Lawyers’ Fees Act (RVG)
- German Rules on Certified Specialist Lawyers (FAO)
- Act on Activities of European Lawyers in Germany (Gesetz über die Tätigkeit europäischer Rechtsanwälte in Deutschland (EuRAG)
- Code of Conduct for Lawyers of the European Union (CCBE Provisions)
All the above regulations can be accessed on the website of the Federal Bar Association (Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer) under www.brak.de in section "Für Anwälte/Berufsrecht".
- Federal Notaries Act (BNotO)
- Notarization Act (Beurkundungsgesetz)
- Professional Rules of the Chamber of Notaries of Frankfurt am Main (Richtlinien der Notarkammer Frankfurt am Main)
- Professional Regulations for Notaries (DONot)
- Court and Notaries Compensation Act (GNotKG) and
- European Code of Notarial Professional Law (Europäische Standesrichtlinien)
All the above regulations can be accessed on the website of the Federal Chamber of Notaries (Bundesnotarkammer) under www.bnotk.de in section "Der Notar/Berufsrecht".
For information on how we as notaries process personal data if you are formally or materially involved in a notarial procedure please read our Information on data processing in the notary's offices.
- Tax Advisory Act (StBerG)
- Implementing Regulation to Tax Advisory Act (DVStB)
- Professional Code of The Federal Tax Advisory Chamber (BOStB)
- Tax Adviser's Fee Regulation (StBVV)
- Solicitors’ Code of Conduct
- Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
- Solicitors’ Financial Services Rules
- the Solicitors’ Indemnity Insurance Rules
All the above regulations are available online at the website of the Solicitor Regulation Authority under section “For solicitors”: www.sra.org.uk.
Attorneys at Law (New York):
The texts of the applicable codes and rules for Attorneys at Law (New York) are available at ww2.nycourts.gov/attorneys.
Professional Liability Insurance
XL Insurance Company SE
The territorial scope of the professional liability insurance is worldwide.
Online Dispute Resolution platform and Consumer Conciliation Procedures (Art. 14 para 1 of the ODR-Ordinance and § 36 German Consumer Protection Act)
The European Commission provides a platform for out-of-court dispute resolution, which can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
In Germany, the competent consumer conciliation board for disputes over proprietary interests resulting from a client relationship is the Lawyers' Meditation Board (Schlichtungsstelle der Rechtsanwaltschaft), Neue Grünstraße 17, 10179 Berlin, www.schlichtungsstelle-der-rechtsanwaltschaft.de.
Reed Smith does not participate in procedures for dispute resolution before a consumer conciliation board.