Welcome to the April 2017 issue of the CR&B Alert, the newsletter produced by Reed Smith's Commercial Restructuring & Bankruptcy Group.
Type: Restructuring & Insolvency Newsletter, Newsletters
In this Issue:
- Supreme Court Will Decide Standard of Review on Appeal in Insider Dispute
- How Much Post-petition Interest Is Too Much Interest for an Oversecured Creditor?
- Agricultural Cooperative Associations Owe ‘Special Circumstances’ Duties to Creditors upon Insolvency, Bankruptcy Court Says
- Right to a Jury Trial in a Bankruptcy Proceeding
- Class-Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements Are Not So Fresh & Easy
- Delaware Court Approves Plan Releases for ‘Aggressive’ First Lien Lenders Following Second Bankruptcy Filing
- Bankruptcy Court Rejects Debtors’ Claims Against Lenders
- Chapter 7 Trustee Can ‘Step into the Shoes’ of the IRS and Avoid Transfers Occurring 10 Years Before Bankruptcy Filing
- Ninth Circuit Overrules Decades-old Entz-White Decision, Finds That Lenders Are Entitled to Default Interest Under Plan of Reorganization
- Court Finds That Utility Refunds Are a General Intangible
- The Involuntary Bankruptcy Petition Sword
- Bankruptcy Court Rejects Yield Capitalization Method in Determining the FMV of an Unbranded Extended-Stay Hotel
- Second Circuit Addresses Limited Scope of Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Delaware Weighs in on Split in Authority Regarding Amount of Severance Pay Entitled to Priority Status
- Dead Meat: Bankruptcy Court in Delaware Considers Ability to Set Off an Administrative Expense Claim Against Preference Liability
- Neither Expired Commercial Lease Nor Holdover Tenancy Is Property of Bankruptcy Estate
- Texas Bankruptcy Court Holds That Reverse Veil Piercing Is Not an Independent Claim Under Texas Law. Rather, It Is a Remedy That May Be Granted in a Successfully Established Independent Claim
- Cropped Out: Bankruptcy Court Construes Alleged Bailment Agreement as Disguised Financing
- Balloon Payment Will Not Pop Chapter 13 Plan
- Counsel’s Corner: News from Reed Smith
Download the PDF to read the full newsletter!