Welcome to the June 2019 issue of the R&I Alert, the newsletter produced by Reed Smith's Restructuring & Insolvency Group. Readers who wish to print and read the newsletter in its entirety may do so by clicking here. Please share your feedback and ideas. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
In this Issue:
- Can a Lender (through an affiliate) Control Whether a Borrower Can file for Bankruptcy?
- Reversing The Bankruptcy Court, The District of Delaware Joined The Holdings of Five Circuit Courts of Appeals and Allowed a Secured Creditor’s Unsecured Claim for
- Post-Petition Attorney’s Fees.
- Third Circuit Addresses Tenant’s Rights under an Unexpired Rejected Lease.
- Eleventh Circuit Holds that Going Concern Sale Constitutes “Reorganization” for Purposes of Modifying Retiree Benefits under Section 1114
- Filing of UCC-1 Determinative Of Priority In Consigned Goods Under Article 9
- Wage Deposits into Entireties Account Constitute “Transfers” for Fraudulent Transfer Purposes