Overview of the main legislative proposals for the further streamlining of the process for the licensing of renewable energy projects that are under consideration by the Greek Ministry of Environment and Energy:
- Establishment of a single point of contact for RES investors and digitalisation of the whole licensing process up to the award of the Operation Licence.
- Limitation of the requested documentation and data for the granting of the Grid Connection Offer, the conclusion of the Grid Connection Agreement and the award of the
- Installation Licence and the Operation Licence. Abolition of the non-binding (preliminary) Grid Connection Offer licensing step.
- Submission of a bank guarantee upon the application for the granting of the Grid Connection Offer and not upon the acceptance of the offer, as it is the case now.
- Limitation of the cases necessitating the modification of the Grid Connection Offer, the Grid Connection Agreement, the Installation Licence and the Operation Licence.
- Introduction of a more flexible application framework for the granting of the Gird Connection Offer and a more flexible process for the energisation of the connection of new power plants to the grid.
- Land titles audit from external lawyers in case the land wherein a project is going to be installed is owned by a private party.
To read the the full article, please visit energypress.eu.