Efren Acosta's practice focuses on M&A for private and public companies, with significant experience in the manufacturing and oilfield services sectors. Fluent in Spanish, Efren’s cross-border experience includes work on matters in Latin America, and his experience extends to representation of both U.S. and Latin American clients in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other matters in the region.
- University of Houston Law Center, 2000, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Notes & Comments Editor of Houston Law Review
- University of Houston, 1997, B.A.
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- Houston Bar Association, Council Member, Mergers & Acquisitions Section
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston, Director (2002-2008) and Advisory Board (2008 - Present)
Awards & Recognition
- “Highly recommended” in 2023 edition of the Latin Lawyer 250 – Corporate and M&A
- Selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list for Mergers & Acquisitions, 2018-2022
- Selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Mergers & Acquisitions, 2010-2011, 2013-2014
- Legal 500 U.S., Recommended lawyer, M&A/corporate and commercial - M&A - middle-market ($500m-999m) (2016)
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Law, 2016-2023
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow