Gareth Amdor (partner) was the head of King & Wood Mallesons’ Tax practice in London and the co-head of the EUME Tax practice. He was also head of King & Wood Mallesons’ Global Employee Benefits Practice.
He advises on domestic and cross-border M&A for public and private companies, private equity houses and management teams across a number of sectors. He also advises on all aspects of corporate and indirect tax, including corporate finance transactions, corporate restructurings, venture capital transactions, real estate transactions, hedge fund tax issues and tax disputes.
- Legal 500 (Corporate tax): Gareth Amdor’s team...regularly handles complex tax structuring mandates for the firm’s private equity and investment fund clients [such as Bowmark and Ardian]”
- Legal 500 (Corporate tax): “[Gareth Amdor is] very clear with detailed technical knowledge"
- Legal 500 (Corporate tax): “Gareth Amdor acts for a broad client base, including private equity houses, on corporate transactions and restructurings”
- Recognised in the Tax Director’s Handbook
- Part of a team that won “Commercial Team of the Year” at the British Legal Awards for its advice to Universal on the reorganisation of EMI’s Recorded Music business and the subsequent sale of the Parlophone Label Group to Warner Music
- England and Wales
- Ireland (Non-Practising)
- Foreign Lawyer Forum Committee of the American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Taxation
- Irish International Business Network