Brent is dedicated to finding innovative methods to help clients solve their state tax issues. His practice focuses on controversy and litigation across all 50 states, with a particular focus on sales and use tax and income tax issues in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. Brent helps his clients tackle questions and issues involving taxability, situs, exemptions and practical applications (sales and use tax) as well as apportionment, sourcing, deductions, non-business income, and net operating losses (income tax).
- Villanova University, 2012, J.D.
- James Madison University, 2009, B.B.A.
- New Jersey
- March/April 2020 “Aircraft Intercompany Leasing: Domestic Use Tax and International Tax Considerations”, Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, Volume 30, Number 1
- 6 February 2020 “Citrix Owes Massachusetts Sales Tax on Software Hosted Remotely” Tax Notes
- 21 October 2019 “Massachusetts DOR Adopts $500K Threshold for Corporate Nexus Presumption” Tax Notes
- 10 October 2019 "Massachusetts “Cookie Nexus” Crumbles in Virginia Court" Tax Notes
- 24 October 2017 "Massachusetts Mulling Modified Corporate Tax Nexus Regulation" Bloomberg BNA - Tax
- 20 October 2017 "Massachusetts Working Draft Seeks to Modernize Corporate Nexus Requirements" Tax Notes
- 12 April 2017 "Pennsylvania DOR Changes Process for Large Sales Tax Refund Requests" Tax Notes