Brent joined Reed Smith in September 2012 and is a member of the firm's State Tax Group. He currently focuses his practice on Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New Jersey Sales and Use and Income Tax issues. Brent has a particular focus on the taxation of software and emerging technologies. Brent has also focused his efforts on expanding Reed Smith’s niche practice related to the taxation of natural gas drilling and extraction in the Marcellus Shale region of Pennsylvania.
- 24 October 2017 "Massachusetts Mulling Modified Corporate Tax Nexus Regulation" Bloomberg BNA - Tax
- 20 October 2017 "Massachusetts Working Draft Seeks to Modernize Corporate Nexus Requirements" Tax Notes
- 12 April 2017 "Pennsylvania DOR Changes Process for Large Sales Tax Refund Requests" Tax Notes
- Villanova University, 2012, J.D.
- James Madison University, 2009, B.B.A.
- New Jersey