Brent is dedicated to finding innovative methods to help clients solve their state tax issues. Brent’s practice focuses on controversy and litigation across all 50 states, with a particular focus on sales and use tax and income tax issues in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. Brent has also focused his efforts on expanding Reed Smith’s tax practice related to the taxation of the aviation industry and natural gas drilling and extraction in the Marcellus Shale region of Pennsylvania.
- Villanova University, 2012, J.D.
- James Madison University, 2009, B.B.A.
- New Jersey
- 21 October 2019 “Massachusetts DOR Adopts $500K Threshold for Corporate Nexus Presumption” Tax Notes
- 10 October 2019 "Massachusetts “Cookie Nexus” Crumbles in Virginia Court" Tax Notes
- 24 October 2017 "Massachusetts Mulling Modified Corporate Tax Nexus Regulation" Bloomberg BNA - Tax
- 20 October 2017 "Massachusetts Working Draft Seeks to Modernize Corporate Nexus Requirements" Tax Notes
- 12 April 2017 "Pennsylvania DOR Changes Process for Large Sales Tax Refund Requests" Tax Notes