Dave is a partner in the Litigation Department of Reed Smith. His trial practice is focused on civil litigation, primarily in the defense of manufacturers in product liability litigation. He also has significant experience counseling clients on a wide variety of product liability risk management issues. Dave serves as national, regional, and local counsel in product liability actions, including numerous class actions and multi-district litigation, as well as individual cases. He has considerable experience in complex, multi-party litigation, along with court and jury trials and various alternative dispute resolution proceedings in both state and federal courts. Specifically, Dave has extensive experience representing medical device and pharmaceutical companies, equipment manufacturers, automobile manufacturers, soft drink producers and bottlers, and railroad companies in premises and product liability actions. He also advises clients on numerous risk management matters such as complaint handling, marketing/promotion, clinical trials, regulatory communications, public relations, corrective actions, and recalls.
- The George Washington University Law School, 1989, J.D.
- University of Colorado, Boulder, 1985, B.A.
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Curry Senior Center, San Francisco, CA (board member 2013-present)
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Commercial Litigation, 2013-2024