Peter is the global chair of Reed Smith’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and Senior Management Team. He leads a group of nearly 1,000 attorneys who handle complex commercial disputes and regulatory proceedings across the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
In his own practice, Peter concentrates on complex commercial and business litigation and advises clients concerning a wide variety of business related disputes and corporate transactions. His practice includes the representation of national and multi-national clients in the areas of franchise, licensing and distribution, product liability, retail, unfair competition, trademark, trade secrets and other intellectual property claims, contract disputes, employment counseling and defense, and defending consumer related claims.
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Ohio (inactive status)
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Ohio
- The Economic Club of Chicago (Current)
- Chicago United Business Leaders of Color, Honoree (2017)
- Advisory Board, Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession (2011 - 2019)
- Chair, Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (Appointed by Governor Quinn 2011 - 2014)
- Council Member, Juvenile Justice Leadership Council (2012 - 2014)
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (2011)
- Honorable Algenon L. Marbley, U.S. District Court - Southern District of Ohio
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Trustee, Vice-Chair, Executive Committee, The Harris Theater for Music and Dance
- Trustee, Vice-Chair, Executive Committee, Chicago Botanic Garden
- Trustee, Rush University Medical Center
- Forest Preserves of Cook County, Conservation and Policy Council (Appointed by Cook County Board President, Toni Preckwinkle, 2015-2018)
- The Ohio State University College of Law, National Council
- Fellow, Leadership Greater Chicago