Sam joined Reed Smith in 2012 and is a member of the Records & E-Discovery Group. His e-discovery experience includes cases involving software, healthcare, financial services industries, product liability, antitrust, and tax litigation. Sam has conducted and supervised all phases of document review projects from collection and initial search terms preparation to document review and production, and privilege log preparation for electronic and hard copy reviews. Along with assisting case teams in trial and deposition preparation in e-discovery, Sam has interviewed potential witnesses, drafted trial plans, witness outlines, and lists of potential exhibits. In addition, Sam has prepared memos on relevant trial issues to be shared with case teams and outside counsel and assisted in drafting motion and discovery responses.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2011, Master of Laws, Taxation and Estate Planning
- Widener University School of Law, 2010, J.D., Widener Law Journal - Pennsylvania Law Editor, Best Associate Staff Editor Fall 2008; Student Mentor Program - Academic Support Fellow, Sales and Leases; Phi Kappa Phi; Dean's List - All Semesters; Certificate of Achievement - Criminal Law; Study Abroad Program - 2009 Summer International Law Institute (Venice, Italy)
- Pennsylvania State University, 2004, B.S., Economics, Deans List; Ted and Tracy McCourtney Renaissance Scholarship; Suzanne Pohland Paterno Scholarship
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- Honorable James J. Fitzgerald, Superior Court - Pennsylvania