Sam joined Reed Smith’s Records & E-Discovery Group in 2012. His e-discovery experience includes cases involving clients in the software, healthcare, and financial services industries, and covers product liability, antitrust, and tax litigation cases. Sam has conducted and supervised all phases of document review projects from collection and initial search terms preparation to document review and production, and privilege log preparation for electronic and hard copy reviews. Along with assisting case teams in trial and deposition preparation in e-discovery, Sam has interviewed potential witnesses and drafted trial plans, witness outlines, and lists of potential exhibits. In addition, he has prepared memos on relevant trial issues to be shared with case teams and outside counsel, and assisted in drafting motion and discovery responses.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2011, Master of Laws, Taxation and Estate Planning
- Widener University School of Law, 2010, J.D., Widener Law Journal - Pennsylvania Law Editor, Best Associate Staff Editor Fall 2008; Student Mentor Program - Academic Support Fellow, Sales and Leases; Phi Kappa Phi; Dean's List - All Semesters; Certificate of Achievement - Criminal Law; Study Abroad Program - 2009 Summer International Law Institute (Venice, Italy)
- Pennsylvania State University, 2004, B.S., Economics, Deans List; Ted and Tracy McCourtney Renaissance Scholarship; Suzanne Pohland Paterno Scholarship
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- Honorable James J. Fitzgerald, Superior Court - Pennsylvania