Nick is a partner in the firm’s New York and Princeton offices who focuses his practice on insurance recovery litigation and counseling.
In his insurance recovery practice, Nick represents policyholder clients in catastrophic first-party property damage and business interruption claims. He is co-author, with partner Rich Lewis, of Business Income Insurance Disputes, a leading treatise on business interruption and time-element insurance issues. In his third-party liability coverage work, Nick represents companies and executives under D&O and E&O policies, and has represented clients under general liability insurance policies for all manner of underlying claims, including long-tail environmental and asbestos claims that have involved complicated coverage and allocation issues He has also handled matters under employment practices liability policies, inland marine insurance policies, and fidelity and crime policies. Nick has gone to verdict in jury and non-jury trials on several cases, and has worked on reinsurance arbitrations, including domestic and foreign confidential arbitrations.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law, Camden, 2000, J.D., with highest honors
- Yale University, 1996, B.A.
- New Jersey
- New York (admission pending)
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Board of Trustee, Volunteer Lawyers for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Past Co-Chair, Excess & Umbrella Subcommittee, ABA Section of Litigation Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Past Chair, Insurance Law Section
- Past Chair, Pro Bono Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Advisory Committee NJ Law Journal – New Partner Forum 2012
- Yale Latino Alumni Association
- Honorable Jaynee LaVecchia, State Supreme Court - New Jersey
- 28 October 2022, “Superstorm Sandy Leaves Long Insurance Legacy At 10 Years,” Law360 Insurance Authority