Evan is experienced in handling complex insurance recovery and other commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts around the United States, as well as with various alternative dispute resolution fora. He has been named to the Illinois Super Lawyer "Rising Star" lists in 2011, 2013 and 2014 in the area of insurance coverage. His representations have encompassed clients ranging in size from Fortune 50 corporations to small individually owned businesses. Evan has successfully briefed and argued motions for summary judgment and directed verdict, and has argued before the Ohio Court of Appeals. Evan's representations cover a wide range of industries and businesses, including nationwide retailers, heavy truck and equipment manufacturers, real estate, oil refineries, pharmaceuticals, construction contractors and subcontractors, mutual fund advisers, processed food manufacturers, and scrap metal dealers.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- State Supreme Court - Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fifth Circuit
- American Bar Association Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
Co-chair of the Construction Subcommittee
Awards & Recognition
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list 2011, 2013-2015 in Insurance Coverage Litigation and selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list for Insurance Coverage in 2019
Evan has been quoted or cited as an authority on insurance law. The following are recent representative samples
- 10 February 2012 "Virginia High Court Sets Aside Global Warming Ruling," Westlaw Journal of Insurance Coverage (Vol. 22, Issue 18)
- 23 September 2011 "Virginia High Court's Analysis Flawed, Attorney Says, "Westlaw Journal of Insurance Coverage (Vol. 21, Issue 50) (commentary on the Virginia Supreme Court's ruling in Steadfast v. AES regarding insurer's duty to defend global warming litigation)