David has four children -- a son who is a graduate (Phi Beta Kappa) of the University of Chicago and who works at a think tank in New York City; a daughter who is also a graduate (Phi Beta Kappa) of the University of Chicago and who attends New York University School of Law; a daughter who attends Wellesley College; and a son who is in 10th Grade -- and he lives in the Shadyside section of Pittsburgh with the younger of his two sons and his dogs.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Notes Editor, Law Review
- American Graduate School of International Management (Thunderbird), M.I.M.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of West Virginia
David is a member of the Board of Directors of the Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh, chairs its PBA Industries Committee, and serves on its Executive Committee.
David is a member of the East End Cooperative Ministry, Inc., an organization dedicated to helping vulnerable adults and at-risk children or youth, and chairs its Interfaith Committee.