Sonia is an associate in the Life Sciences Health Industry Group, based in our San Francisco office. Sonia has experience representing Academic Medical Centers (AMC), other hospital systems, physician practices, national retail pharmacies, biotech start-ups, senior living facilities, and pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. Her practice involves advising clients on billing and coverage issues, structuring transactions to comply with applicable regulatory and licensure requirements, and counseling health care and life science companies on privacy laws. Her regulatory compliance counseling work has covered both federal law and regulation—such as HIPAA, Medicare participation rules, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and Stark—and state laws such as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Prior to obtaining her law degree, Sonia earned a Master’s of Science in Gerontology where she studied aging and health policy.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2015, J.D.
- University of Southern California, 2012, M.S., Gerontology
- University of Southern California, 2008, Bachelor of Arts, Health and Humanity
- All State Courts - California
- National Conference of Vietnamese American Attorneys (NCVAA), Treasurer
- Vietnamese American Bar Association of Northern California (VABANC)
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys (CSHA)