Thuy is a senior associate in Reed Smith’s San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on business transactional law, with an emphasis on real estate matters. She represents developers, owners, lenders, buyers, and sellers in transactions involving commercial real estate acquisition, disposition, leasing, and asset-based finance. In particular, Thuy has significant experience representing real estate investment trusts (REITs) and other institutional clients in acquisitions and sale-leaseback transactions, often involving major multi-state portfolios of properties and under extremely aggressive timelines. She advises clients in all stages of a transaction, including helping to structure the deal, managing all aspects of diligence, and negotiating key documents, including purchase and sale agreements and master lease agreements. Thuy also has experience in transactions involving the development and construction of real estate-based projects, including renewable energy deals such as wind, solar, and battery storage projects.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2016, J.D., Board Member, Moot Court Board, Managing Editor, Hastings Business Law Journal
- Stanford University, 2013, B.A., American Studies: Law & Public Policy
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" list for Real Estate Law, 2022-2024