Merle provides support to the Business & Finance Department and the Litigation Department where he concentrates on the defense of clients in the financial sector. While with Reed Smith, Merle’s practice has focused on working with mortgage servicers and major banks, and areas of law such as the FDCPA, RESPA, TILA, FCRA, TCPA, and state consumer protection statutes.
- Duquesne University School of Law, 1993, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, 1986, B.S., Biological Sciences, minors in Chemistry and Literature, summa cum laude
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Honorable Lee Mazur, Court of Common Pleas - Allegheny County, Pennsylvania