Ed Rhyne focuses his practice on private equity and other privately held firms, including family offices and family-owned businesses. Ed represents sponsors and institutional and family office investors in the formation of private equity funds and complex investment and co-investment vehicles, and buyers and sellers in private equity sponsored and other private mergers and acquisitions and related financing transactions.
- New York University, 1986, LL.M., Taxation
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, 1985, J.D.
- University of Alabama, 1982, B.S., Accounting
- Former General Counsel and Member of Management Board of IFCO Systems N.V.(f/k/a PalEx, Inc.)
- Former General Counsel of Quanta Services, Inc.
- Legal 500 U.S., Recommended lawyer, M&A/corporate and commercial - M&A - middle-market ($500m-999m) (2016)
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, 2009-2022
- Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer (2004-2005, 2010-2011, 2015-2018)