Jorge is a litigator, an associate in the Global Commercial Disputes Group, and a member of Reed Smith’s Latin America Business Team. Jorge has experience litigating a variety of commercial disputes, including international arbitrations, and has advised clients involved in complex disputes in the energy and mining sector, both in Latin America and in the United States. Additionally, Jorge has represented clients in litigation stemming from Stock Purchase Agreements involving coal mining operations in Latin America, and has defended businesses implicated in government-led, regulatory actions in Latin America. Jorge has also successfully defended businesses in litigation arising out of alleged violations of state consumer protection statutes and other unfair and deceptive business practices laws.
- Duquesne University School of Law, 2016, J.D., Shalom Moot Court Award; “Best Advocate – 1st Place” Touro Law Center Annual Moot Court Competition; Rob Vega Memorial Scholarship – 2014, 2015 Recipient; Appellate Moot Court Board; Research Assistant to Distinguished Professor of Law, Dr. Robert S. Barker.
- University of St. Mary, 2008, B.A., Political Science & History, Magna Cum Laude; All University Honors; Departmental Honors.
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- Association of Latino Professionals of America – Board Member, Vice President of Membership (2016-present)
- Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce – Foundation Board Member (2016-present)
In the News
- July 2017 “Latino Like Me” Panoramas, University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Latin American Studies