Natasha is a counsel in the firm’s Global Commercial Disputes Group, and her practice focuses on managed care and product liability litigation. Her current and recent representative matters include:
- Serving as a frontline advisor to a large motor club company on wide-ranging legal issues such as intellectual property, data privacy, contract and liability waivers, corporate by-law interpretation, and membership terms and conditions.
- Defending health plans in litigation filed by health care providers alleging breach of service contracts.
- Defending health plans in cases filed by out–of-network health care providers involving the reasonable value of emergency services.
- Defending health plans and health insurers in cases filed by plan members involving coverage decisions, plan disclosures, and contract terminations.
- Defending health plans in single-plaintiff and class action lawsuits seeking benefits under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
- Defending health plan and health insurer in a class action lawsuit filed by an out-of-network health care provider involving statutory compliance of claim payments.
- Leading efforts to compel arbitration of health plan member claims, including obtaining an order compelling arbitration of individual member claims in a putative class action lawsuit.
- Representing health plan in state government investigations.
- Acting as the firm’s E-Discovery liaison with medical device manufacturer client.
- Acting as the lead attorney and day-to-day strategist for all West Coast cases and developing discovery positions for a Multi-District Litigation involving a medical device manufacturer.
- Leading a large team of associates, paralegals, and medical analysts to prepare for mediations of numerous claims against a medical device manufacturer, and managing cases in active litigation across the nation.
- University of California, Berkeley, 2000, B.A., History and Ethnic Studies, with highest honors
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 2003, J.D., Member of the Asian Law Journal; Recipient of the Prosser Award for Wills, Estates, and Trusts
- State Supreme Court - California
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- All State and Federal Courts - California