Maytak Chin serves as a trusted fiduciary and litigation counsel to several California public pension funds. She regularly provides fiduciary education and advises public pension fund trustees on conflict-of-interest issues, open meeting laws, benefit determinations, the drafting of policies and procedures, and fiduciary considerations implicated in funding and liability issues related to the long-term stability of the fund.
In her capacity as litigation counsel, Maytak represents California boards of retirement in California Code of Civil Procedure (“CCP”) § 1094.5 proceedings regarding benefit eligibility determinations and in CCP § 1085 writ proceedings involving constitutional fiduciary duty, funding disputes with plan sponsors, and statutory issues, including felony forfeitures, among others.
Outside her public pension and fiduciary practice, Maytak has worked on several trial teams, representing clients in business litigation in areas ranging from breach of fiduciary duty and trade secrets misappropriation to shareholder and contract disputes and professional negligence. She has a proven track record of winning cases and achieving client objectives in mediation, arbitration, administrative proceedings, at trial, and on appeal.
- 加尼福利亚大学戴维斯分校, 2012, 法学博士, Senior Articles Editor & Senior Symposium Editor, UC Davis Law Review; Fellow - Council on Legal Education Opportunity of the American Bar Association
- 加州大学伯克利分校, 2008, 学士, Dean’s List; Council on Legal Education Opportunity Mayer Brown Preparatory Diversity award; Robert T. Matsui Writing Prize on Public Service award; Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs award
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Diversity Chair of the Business Torts and Unfair Competition Section
- Edward J. McFetridge American Inn of Court
- Selected to the Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Business Litigation, 2019-2022