Melissa is a member of the firm’s Labor and Employment Group. Melissa represents employers and businesses in a broad range of matters pertaining to employment and labor law. With experience that includes drafting employment policies, employment and severance agreements, and communications to employees on behalf of clients, Melissa counsels employers on their rights and responsibilities under laws governing family and medical leave, wage and hour, unions, anti-discrimination, and whistleblowers. She also conducts employee training sessions and investigates employee complaints and harassment claims. In addition, Melissa represents employers in collective negotiations and in matters of union contract administration — including grievance arbitrations and disciplinary proceedings. Melissa also, in support of her clients, appears before the New Jersey Public Employment Relations Commission, the United States Department of Education’s Division on Civil Rights, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, 2012, 法学博士, Chancellor Scholarship and Best Oral Advocate – Appellant, Appellate Advocacy Course
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2005, 文学硕士, Labor & Employment Relations
- American University, 2004, 学士, Print Journalism & Communications, Law, Economics, & Government, University Honors Program
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee, Gloucester/Cumberland/Salem County Representative
- Gloucester County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Animal Adoption Center, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Girls on the Run/Heart & Sole, Volunteer Coach
- Contact of Burlington County, Volunteer Call Specialist
- Southern Burlington County NAACP, Civic Ambassadors Committee
- Honorable Georgia M. Curio, Superior Court - New Jersey, 1 August 2012 to 1 August 2013
- Melissa was selected to New Jersey Super Lawyers' Rising Stars list for Employment & Labor, 2017-2020. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Samuel G. DeSimone Mediation Award
- October 2014 "And Justice for All" SJ Magazine