Event Type: Seminar
In-depth breakout sessions at the Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute will focus on legal challenges faced by physicians and their counsel, the legal challenges faced by hospitals and health systems and their counsel, and the legal issues of interest to both segments of the health care delivery system. Some of the topics on this year's program include:
- Hospital Physician Integration
- Advising Physicians and Hospitals in Transactions
- Developments in Telemedicine and TeleHealth
- Corporate Practice of Medicine
Year in Review
Monday, February 2: 8:15 am - 9:45 am PT
Presented by Elizabeth B. Carder-Thompson and Jack S. Schroder, Jr.
It’s been another banner year for health care developments affecting hospitals and physicians, from massive fraud and abuse investigative and enforcement initiatives, to ongoing health reform challenges, to HIPAA hijinx, to dizzying developments in the world of reimbursement. Highlights of this fast-paced review will cover:
- This year’s colorful crop of qui tam relators
- What’s an excessive False Claims Act fine?
- When can regulatory non-compliance turn into a false claim?
- Are internal compliance investigations privileged?
- The EEOC’s frontal assault on employer wellness programs
- Personal liability of health care officers and directors
- Challenges to the Two Midnight rule
- Is relief in sight from hospital appeals backlogs?
- The “Hail Mary pass” of presumptively doomed hospital mergers
- Hackers, laptop thefts, unencrypted hospital backup tapes, and other minefields for health care institutions
Register for this conference here.