Event Type: Seminar
- Location Name:
- The Omni Parker House, 60 School Street, Boston MA 02108
- Start Date/Time:
- 23 July 2015
- End Date/Time:
- 24 July 2015
Last year, more than 150 industry leaders gathered in Boston to increase the prominence of women in the life sciences legal community through substantive legal discussion, professional development and woman-to-woman networking. This year’s program, sponsored by Reed Smith, features an unprecedented lineup of women leaders throughout the life sciences community gathering to further empower women in this space and to give women attorneys the skills necessary for continued success.
Featuring high-level discussion of the key legal developments for pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies, this conference will help reinforce the representation of women in leadership roles by forming new connections amongst women leaders as well as providing a forum for candid discussion of gender stereotypes and other implicit obstacles to advancement. All presentations, a mixture of both professional development and substantive legal topics, will be tailored to help women take their career to the next level.
On Thursday, July 23, 2015, Reed Smith Partner and Chair of the firm’s Life Sciences Health Industry Group, Carol Colborn Loepere will discuss the most significant legal developments affecting the future of life sciences law on a panel entitled, “Seeing the Big Picture in Life Sciences Law: The Substantive Legal Developments that Women Leaders Must Know.” Later in the afternoon, Reed Smith Partner Marilyn A. Moberg will share best practices on fostering mutually respectful and effective working relationships with male and female colleagues alike during a panel presentation, “Team Building: Working Together to Implement Sustainable Diversity Practices at Life Sciences Companies.”
Highlights of this year’s event will include:
- Leadership strategies from more than two dozen COOs and CEOs, General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, Chief Compliance Officers, Chief Diversity Officers, Senior Regulatory Counsel, Chief Litigation Counsel, and Chief Intellectual Property Counsel
- Insights from a panel of women in government regarding their priorities vis-à-vis life sciences companies
- Practical and tangible professional development skills featuring advice from several law coaches
- Networking opportunities through a mentorship program, introductory welcoming exercises, luncheons led by ACI’s Women Leaders in Life Sciences Law Advisory Board, and a cocktail hour featuring discussion on defining success for yourself