Event Type: Seminar
- Location Name:
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi, Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi
- Start Date/Time:
- 18 November 2015, 3:30 PM ARBST
- End Date/Time:
- 18 November 2015, 6:00 PM ARBST
The next phase of infrastructure development in the Middle East is well underway, with ambitious plans for substantial investments in the future, including on projects such as the UAE Golden Jubilee and EXPO 2020. These are designed to secure the UAE’s position on the world stage. Major projects continue to set significant challenges and risks for all of those involved in their execution. How can contracts and contract management help to meet those challenges? What are the key risks and issues that require particular attention from a legal perspective? How can we improve the resolution of the inevitable claims and disputes that arise on projects?
Reed Smith's Energy & Natural Resources team will host a briefing exploring the current trends shaping the industry in the Middle East, and discussing the need for a sustained legal and contracting strategy designed to best meet the challenges and issues faced during each phase of a major project, from contracts and negotiation, through to project execution and completion, and finally dispute resolution.
The briefing will outline strategies to:
- Address the typical battleground on key contract provisions during contract negotiations
- Create a systematic and sustained approach to legal contract management
- Recognise and overcome key issues: limited resources, incomplete planning/design
- Improve the efficiency of dispute resolution, for example, using the new DIFC enforcement regime
Timings: 3.30 pm - Registration and refreshments. 4.00 pm - Seminar to commence. 6.00 pm - Networking cocktail reception.
If you would like further information on this event, please contact Simone Brown at email@example.com.