Event Type: CLE / CPD, Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 3 December 2015, 3:00 PM ET
- End Date/Time:
- 3 December 2015, 4:00 PM ET
Thursday, December 3, 2015
U.S. - based time:
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. PT
3:00 - 4:00 p.m. ET
Webinar Length: 60 minutes
With the Integrated Silicon buyout and proposed Micron-Tsinghua Uniongroup merger continuing to drive news, it is critical that prospective foreign investors and U.S. parties seeking funds from outside the United States understand how U.S. laws regulate foreign investment in the United States.
Please join Reed Smith’s International Trade & National Security Group for a free CLE* webinar to educate clients and contacts on U.S. controls on foreign investment.
The CLE will include:
- An overview of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (“CFIUS”) and analysis of recent developments;
- Discussion of recently-expanded Bureau of Economic Analysis (“BEA”) investment disclosure requirements; and
- Discussion of intersecting controls based on the tangled web of national security laws, including issues relating to U.S. export controls and sanctions.
*This program is presumptively approved for 1.0 general CLE credit in California, Illinois, New Jersey and Texas. For lawyers licensed in New York, this course is eligible for 1.0 credit under New York’s Approved Jurisdiction Policy. An application for 1.0 VA CLE credit is pending. Please allow four weeks after the program to receive a certificate of attendance.