This presentation will focus on the statutes and regulations that govern the allocation of intellectual property rights with respect to inventions, software and data created with federal funds.
Event Type: Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 14 February 2018, 12:00 PM ET
- End Date/Time:
- 14 February 2018, 1:00 PM ET
It will discuss strategies for protecting IP developed at private expense.
- Overview of Intellectual Property
- Ownership of Intellectual Property under Government Contracts and Grants
- Use of Restrictive Legends
- Protection of Data Not First Produced in Performance of Government Contract or Grant
- Maintaining Commercial Rights
- Government Ability to Authorize, and Consent to, Use Patents and Copyrights
- Exclusive Remedies for Such “Infringement"
- Infringing Contractor’s Duties
- Protection of Trade Secret and Confidential Information Developed at Private Expense