The telehealth market was already poised to capture greater market share in the next few years, but growth in this area has exploded in recent months in part due to the expansion of telehealth services to help ease the burdens associated with COVID-19. This program will focus on the current U.S. telehealth market and governing regulations, including recent measures taken by government agencies to expand the availability of telehealth services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team will also discuss what the landscape for telehealth services may look like after the pandemic, including a discussion of which federal and state telehealth laws may be more likely to be permanently impacted.
Event Type: Webinar, CLE / CPD
- Start Date/Time:
- 21 July 2020, 1:00 PM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 21 July 2020, 2:00 PM EDT
- Expansion of Medicare/Medicaid coverage and payment
- Data privacy and security risks and legal updates, including HIPAA waivers
- State law developments, including licensure requirements, payor requirements, consent, restriction on the corporate practice of medicine, etc.
- Private pay and the role of self-pay, employers, and health plans in the adoption and use of telehealth services