Event Type: Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 30 March 2022, 12:00 PM France Daylight Time
- End Date/Time:
- 30 March 2022, 2:00 PM France Daylight Time
Guest speakers from arbitral institutions active in Western and Northern Africa, including the ICC, CAMC-O (Burkina Faso), CRCICA (Egypt) and Lagos Court of Arbitration (Nigeria), will join us to provide institutional overviews of arbitral developments across the region. We will then move to a wider panel discussion to explore updates to the following topics: compétence-compétence principal, interim measures, public policy, the enforcement of arbitration awards, and states and state entities in arbitration.
Guest speakers set out below.
Part one – Institutional Overview
- Bintou Boli, Arbitrator, Mediator, Permanent Secretary of the Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation Centre of Ouagadougou (CAMC-O)
- Diamana Diawara, Regional Director for Africa, ICC
- Ismail Selim Dalia Hussein, Director of the CRCICA, Secretary Treasurer of the IFCAI and Board Member of the AfAA
- Oluwatosin Lewis, Executive Secretary, Lagos Court Of Arbitration
- Moderator: Athina Fouchard Papaefstratiou, Independent Arbitrator
Part two – Developments regarding arbitration law
- Prof Dr Mohamed Sameh Amr, Professor & Chair International Law Dept. at Cairo University, Founder & Managing Partner of Amr & Partners Law Firm (Cairo)
- Clément Fouchard, International Arbitration Partner, Reed Smith
- Affef Ben Mansour, Attorney at Law, Arbitrator - Public International Law and International Arbitration
- Tolu Obamuroh, International Arbitration Associate, White & Case
- Moderator: Guillaume Aréou, International Arbitration lawyer, Reed Smith
Book your virtual place using the registration link above.
The event will be conducted in a mix of English and French.
Read more about our speakers by downloading the PDF below.