The labor and employment law landscape is continually shifting, and 2023 was no exception, with legislation in Pennsylvania and nationally challenging employers to stay compliant in a host of areas, from wage and hour laws to unions.
Join our labor and employment lawyers for an in-person event as they review some of the trends of 2023 and highlight what is coming down the pike.
Event Type: Seminar
- Location Name:
- Reed Smith's Pittsburgh office, 225 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15222
- Start Date/Time:
- 19 October 2023, 10:00 AM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 19 October 2023, 12:00 PM EDT
- Registration Link:
- Employment law updates: What’s new in the Keystone State and beyond
Our in-person discussion will cover:
- What employers can expect when employees are expecting. We will provide valuable insights into the new Pregnant Workers Fairness Act and its intersection with the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Wage and hour round up. We will explore the increased enforcement of wage and hour laws, including those in Pennsylvania, and the impacts of recent timekeeping software failures.
- Labor law update: What every employer needs to know. We will examine the impact of the new rules from the National Labor Relations Board and the latest on the uptick in unionization efforts.