SILICON VALLEY, November 16, 2016 – Reed Smith LLP today announced the launch of RStart, the firm’s first portal geared to entrepreneurs and start-ups. RStart offers – without charge – a wide range of documents and information across a variety of sectors, and features timely content geared to the various stages in the lifecycle of a start-up (Formation, Financing, Expansion, and Exit). Users can download essential legal document templates that are designed for entrepreneurs and their newly formed companies to use as they begin their corporate life, or seek to professionalize their existing legal documentation.
"Our Emerging Growth/Venture Capital practice advises start-ups and entrepreneurs coast-to-coast and globally within Reed Smith’s 1,700-attorney, 26-office footprint," said Don Reinke, Office Managing Partner of the firm’s Silicon Valley office. "Our global reach, combined with our deep industry experience and knowledge, provides our clients with unique resources from start to finish. We created RStart to also demonstrate our commitment and capabilities to serve entrepreneurs and their emerging-growth companies in the venture community."
RStart.com is designed to be simple and easy to navigate. All document templates are free, downloadable and can be customized, and new content is added frequently. Some features of RStart include:
- Access to templates of 19 different legal documents that start-ups most often need, including Certificate of Incorporation and Bylaws, Employee Confidential Information and Assignment Agreement and Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement, and Stock Incentive Plan and applicable grant documents
- Timely content authored by Reed Smith lawyers on such topics as term sheet basics, securing founder and employee contributions, fulfilling a director’s fiduciary duties, and convertible note basics
- Centralized source for posts from Reed Smith’s industry-leading blogs (including FinTech Update, Taxing Tech, Technology Law Dispatch, Data & Cyber Security, Employment Law Watch, Life Sciences Legal Update, Private Funds Law Update), focusing on information of interest to high-growth companies
- Updates on Reed Smith events and seminars in local markets
- Key contact information for some of Reed Smith’s Emerging Growth/Venture Capital lawyers
About Reed Smith’s Emerging Growth/Venture Capital Practice
Our Emerging Growth / Venture Capital team has active start-up lawyers worldwide – from Silicon Valley to Singapore, from Los Angeles to London, from Pittsburgh to Paris and from Chicago to New York. We work closely with our colleagues in Reed Smith’s leading industry and practice groups – Life Sciences Health Group, Financial Industry Group (including our FinTech Team), Entertainment & Media Group, and Intellectual Property, Information and Innovation Group – to provide thoughtful, strategic counsel to start-ups at every stage.
With 1,700 lawyers in 26 offices in major financial markets across the globe, we help you connect with our worldwide network of contacts, providing you with targeted referrals to various funding sources, potential strategic partners, or acquisition targets, and advisors for your management team and board of directors. By connecting you with the right people, and providing insightful financial strategies and strategic direction, we help you get the advice and capital you’ll need to build a successful future.