Following the unprecedented challenges of 2020, this year’s conference will focus on the risks and opportunities for the energy and commodities sector going into 2021. A keynote speech on the future of the commodities market across the Americas will be delivered by Robert J. Johnston, Managing Director, Energy, Climate and Resources from Eurasia Group, who is among the industry’s most insightful trend forecasters.
Representatives from leading industry clients will join Reed Smith partners for interactive sessions on key topics such as:
- Risks and new developments in the Oil & Gas industry, including post-COVID Chapter 11 transactions and their impact on future distressed asset sales
- The near- term outlook for energy transactions in a pandemic world
- Emerging litigation trends, from the latest in landmark oil & gas cases to a rising tide of business interruption claims
- Structuring and optimizing the deployment of Floating Storage Regasification Units (FSRUs) and other developments in commodities transportation
- Regulatory round-ups from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
“For the past five years, our Houston energy and commodities conference has been a premier gathering of friends and industry experts,” said Prajakt Samant, Chair of Reed Smith’s global Energy & Natural Resources Industry Group. “This year, we’re delighted to continue that spirit of community by bringing everyone together through this virtual series, to reflect on some of the key legal and regulatory developments impacting the sector.”