Senior Director and former Chief of Legal Operations Jack Nelson is one of two winners of Legalweek’s 2023 Lifetime Achievement Award. Nelson is honored for his vision in greenlighting Gravity Stack, the firm’s successful legal tech subsidiary, and his overall legal career, leadership and contributions to the growth of Reed Smith.
The firm was shortlisted in five additional categories: Emerging Technology, ESG Enablement Through Technology, Litigation and E-Discovery, Regulatory Technology, and Innovator of the Year for partner Timothy Cooke’s work.
- Emerging Technology. Reed Smith is one of four finalists for its work on Web3-related projects and popular Guide to the Metaverse, now in its second edition.
- ESG Enablement through Technology. Reed Smith is one of two finalists for the formal launch of its global ESG practice and energy transition work.
- Innovator of the Year. Singapore-based partner Timothy Cooke is one of five finalists for conceiving, developing and coding Reed Smith’s award-winning Arbitration Pricing Calculator, a first-of-its-kind mobile app designed to help estimate the maximum costs of arbitration at more than 40 arbitral institutions across the world.
- Litigation and eDiscovery. Reed Smith is one of four finalists for its proprietary forensic analytics tools.
- Regulatory Technology. Reed Smith is one of three finalists for its Post-Dobbs Tracker, an innovative subscription-based tool that helps clients efficiently track legislative developments following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization.
The winners in all categories will be honored during an in-person awards ceremony on March 20 during the 2023 Legalweek conference in New York.